Wednesday 18 June 2014

Individual 3 Minute Wonder Idea

My Idea

My idea for my 3MW is about people who suffer from bipolar, depression and other related illnesses and how it affects everyday life. The reason for me doing this is I have a friend who has these disorders and at certain times they have a huge impact on their life. The 3MW will include interviews with my friend and certain facts and figures which can help to increase peoples knowledge on these disorders. Therefore my documentary will be sort of expository and reflexive documentary because although people will be interviewed I wont be directly on screen asking the questions, I would like to give my documentary a slightly distorted feel to it, I would achieve this by using distorted voices and edgy camerawork. I want to do this because people with bipolar and other disorders the world may seem distorted and not full because they have these problems in their way 

My target audience will be a broad demographic and will not be a certain age,class or sex, instead the point of this would be to educate the audience on the subjects within the documentary, because not many people know about the certain disorders. So if someone may know someone else with one of the disorders talked about in my 3MW then it may help them to understand it better.

I will be filming my documentary in my village (Acle), this is because my friend also lives in this village with me so it will be easier for us to meet up and film, rather than doing it during college frees or lessons.

My crew will be only me with a camera, I have one interviewee for it already but if I could arrange to get an expert who knows about mental health disorders that could really help add to my production.

I will not need any costumes for this production although I will need a camera and tripod which I can access from college's media department.

Interview questions

During my documentary I will ask my interviewee a series of questions, the questions will be to do with them and their life, and how their disorders affect them on a day to day basis. Below is a rough few questions I may ask my interviewee:

1. How do you feel about living with your disorders?

2. Are you on any medication? If so how do these make you feel? 

3. How do your disorders affect your everyday life?

4. What do your disorders make doing hard?

More questions will be asked but I need to research more into the disorders and talk to my interviewee about what I could ask him. 

1 comment:

  1. Bruce,

    Great idea - something I would be very interested in watching.

    EllieB

    ReplyDelete