Friday 20 March 2015

Animation Evaluations

My E-sting was fairly simple with filming and locations so I didn't find any problems with that, although drawing every individual shot for my E-sting was very time consuming and took around 9 lessons to complete, although the filming took only 1 lesson. Collecting all of my resources was also very simple as all I needed was a pen and some paper, my plastercine model was also made in one lesson but I had to wait for a few days to get it as we ran out and had to order more. Another problem I had to deal with was sticking to Ofcoms rules and guidelines for advertising, I wasn't allowed any product placement and I stuck to this rule. Another rule I had to stick with was the E4 brief for making my Esting.  Rules are below:



My feedback was collected from my classmates, teachers and questionnaire answers, mostly all of my feedback was the same, the things which worked well and needed improving were all the same. For example lots of people said negatives such as I needed more colour in my Esting, or that more stuff needed to happen, positives were things like, they liked the fluidity (smoothness) of my animation, and that it was very imaginative and creative. 

Working to a brief in this assignment wasn't very restricting, the only restricting factor of it was the time limit of the animation, the animation had to fit within 10 seconds which can be hard to do. Overall I could pretty much make anything I wanted as long as it had no explicit content and it was 10 seconds long.

I believe that I could work in animation in the media industry, I feel that I worked within a deadline and completed my work to almost my best ability, If I was working with a team for an animation assignment I believe that I would be able to create a piece of work a lot quicker but I may be restricted with my creativity because of other peoples ideas. 

Animation is an area in the media industry which intrigues me, I have always liked the idea of drawing and creating characters and pieces of art work, so to have these things to come alive in an animation would be very interesting for me. Therefore I believe that it would be a viable career for me in the future, even if it isn't directly within animation.  


Animation feedback Presentation from Bruce Mann










My esting would be (if successful) be broadcasted onto e4 during daytime TV, therefore it would need to abide by certain rules and regulations which would be looked at by Ofcom, luckily my Esting would not breach any of these rules, I have read the rules from the website from each section, the areas are below: 


2 comments:

  1. Bruce,

    Another solid start but again, this is a little brief. You need to put the collected evidence against print screens from your video to show what the audiences / respondents were referring to and you need to add print screens from relevant sections of the Ofcom rules.

    I would like to see you spread the feedback out, just by quoting certain people during relevant paragraphs, e.g., when you talk about class feedback, mention some specific points made.

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merit now achieved (just).

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete